The Gottesman Libraries provide access to a number of electronic resources, including extensive collections of Databases
, which are accessible from the top page of the website as well as individually through EDUCAT
A number of other electronic formats, including audio and video materials, are included in PocketKnowledge
, the library's online archive, which also incorporates digitized images from the College's art collections
, for which the library serves as a physical as well as a digital repository.
In addition, a comprehensive listing of electronic resources of all kinds available through the Columbia University Libraries (CUL) can be found on its website's E-Resources page.
In addition to links to Databases
, both also accessible via tabs on the top page of the CUL website, the Columbia University Libraries E-Resources page provides links to listings of:
- E-Books: Collections of full-text books like Books 24x7, Early English Books Online, and NetLibrary.
- E-News: News resources such as LexisNexis and Factiva, and links to local, national, and international newspapers.
- E-Images: Image databases such as the Columbia Image Bank: History of Art & Architecture, American Memory, and ARTstor.
- E-Music and Sound Collections: Online sound recording collections such as the Classical Music Library, Naxos Music Library, and Smithsonian Global Sound.
- Data/GIS: Numeric and geo-spatial data suitable for those interested in using either statistical or GIS (geographic information systems) software.
Other local e-resource collections includ the CU Libraries' Academic Commons
, Digital Library Projects
, Electronic Exhibitions
, and Subject Guides
, as well as a gathering of Web Search Tools