Re-educate Your Body: Insights Into the Whats and Whys of Posture As a Foundation of Your Physical Health
This event is open to all
What is optimal posture? How is it developed and subsequently lost? What can you do to regain natural your natural alignment to feel and function as optimally as possible? Let’s explore a model of posture in which we’ll develop a template of optimal function (hint, simply picture a toddler moving), how posture should look, and how it should feel….Yes, it’s a distinct feeling!
The goals of the Postural Therapy Movement Class are for you to:
- Gain insights to think critically about why you have your “normal” aches and pains.
- Why is my back chronically tight?
- Why does my wrist hurt when I type?
- Why is it so hard to sit up straight for more than a minute?
- Leave with the tools – postural stretches and exercises - to stand or sit up straight, walk with efficiency and balance, and breath more naturally and optimally.
- Regain the template of how optimal posture feels.
- Take charge of your physical health!
Joey Zimet is a Postural Therapist with a private practice in NYC. He has a deep passion for helping people eliminate pain and function more optimally. Zimet currently attends Teachers College, Columbia University where he is in an Advanced Master’s Program (Ed. M) in Applied Physiology. He holds an M.S. in Education and a B.S. with Honors from Rutgers University in Exercise Science. In addition to helping individual clients, Joey teaches a weekly Postural Therapy Movement Class at Columbia University, and guest lectures at various businesses and schools.
Where: 305 Russell
To request disability-related accommodations contact OASID at firstname.lastname@example.org, (212) 678-3689, or (646) 755-3144 video phone, as early as possible.
Last Updated: 12:04 pm, Monday, Sep 30 , 2019