The Everett Cafe Music Program sponsors performances by TC student and affiliated musicians. Come enjoy a variety of genres and styles!
If you'd like to showcase your own talents, please contact us with your details via online support
- Wednesday, September 6, 5-6:30pm
- Monday, September 25, 5:30-6-30pm
The Wadsworth Strings Ensemble features music for classical strings, from the symphonies of Mozart and Haydn, to well known arias from the operas of Puccini and Bizet. You may hear a selection of continental Viennese waltzes and French cabaret. Musicians of The Claremont Strings Ensemble have performed collectively at Weill Hall, Carnegie Hall, Avery Fisher Hall and throughout the Northeast, playing a diverse range of symphonic and chamber music, eclectic jazz, and gypsy swing. Wadsworth Strings, emanating from the Washington Heights area, is a division of Claremont Strings, founded by Vivian Penham, a graduate of the Juilliard School and Columbia University.
"Kambujo" was born after three musicians with different musical backgrounds and experiences came together to share a common goal: to create and re-create on the basis of Peruvian music and jazz. Therefore Kambujo became a mean of expression and appraisal of their own living culture that is nurtured and transformed over time.
- Adriana Diaz-Donoso is a doctoral student in the Music and Music Education program at Teachers College, Columbia University. She is the recipient of a Fulbright Scholarship, an instructor for the Jazz at Lincoln Center's early childhood music program WeBop and the coordinator of the Music Explorers program at TC.
- Pianist/Composer Mika Nishimura was born in Japan. She received a scholarship to attend Berklee College of Music in Boston where she graduated with Performance Bachelor's Degree. She has performed with her quartet at Monterey Jazz Festival and also appeared at various venues such as the Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center. Mika has been Webop Faculty since 2008 at Jazz at Lincoln Center.
- Juan Carlos Polo is a Peruvian drummer currently living in New York. He has played and recorded with many projects of different styles and genres and shared stage with bands such as Cypress Hill, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Steel Pulse and Calle 13. He holds a Bachelor degree in Percussion from The National Conservatory of Lima and just released his debut album "Insomnio".
To request disability-related accommodations contact OASID at email@example.com, (212) 678-3689, (212) 678-3853 TTY, (646) 755-3144 video phone, as early as possible.
Last Updated: 6:36 am, Monday, Jul 24 , 2017