Gottesman Libraries offers Course Reserves to support instruction and learning in degree-seeking programs at Teachers College. A variety of resource types may be placed on Electronic and Print reserve. Need help with your Course Reserves requests? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Resource Lists in Canvas
Course Resource Lists is our new, permanent Course Reserves platform and collaborative tool that is located in Canvas and integrated with Educat+, the libraries' catalog.
Course Resource Lists offer several advantages:
- Lists will be retained and can be rolled over to subsequent terms
- Instructors can search Educat+ and communicate with the libraries directly from their Course Resource List
- Resources are linked to the libraries' live catalog, so instructors need not manually update permalinks
We invite you to submit your requests by utilizing the options listed under Instructor Resources below.
Course Reserves requests can be placed directly from your Course Resource List, found on the left navigation menu of your course in Canvas (accessible 90 days before the start of classes):
- To upload a list of citations to send to the libraries, click on the UPLOAD IT button and follow the prompts
- To create your list from scratch, click on the CREATE IT button and utilize this guide to Course Resource Lists for instructors
- You can also email email@example.com with your requests
We recommend submitting your Course Reserves requests as soon as possible for timely delivery, especially requests for new print materials.
Once your request is submitted and/or your Course Resource List has been published, individual resources can be found by clicking on the "View" links under each item's information:
For questions about your Course Reserves requests or Course Resource Lists, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introductory workshops for faculty and instructional staff are being offered by the Gottesman Libraries; please check the libraries' Events page for more information or email email@example.com to set up an individual consultation.
- Guide to Course Resource Lists for Instructors
- Copyright information
- Course Resource Lists FAQs
- Request Canvas assistance
Locating your Course Reserves:
Once your instructor has submitted a Course Reserves request and/or a Course Resource List has been published for your course, it can be found by logging into your course in Canvas, and scrolling down to the Course Resource List link on the left navigation menu. Individual resources can be found by clicking on the "View" links under each item's information: