Requesting New Materials
Teachers College students, faculty, and staff may place a new book request for resources not owned by Gottesman Libraries, or the Columbia Morningside Campus Libraries. Please search both Educat+ and CU Quicksearch before submitting a new materials request.
- Materials requests can be submitted by students, faculty, and staff.
- Fulfillment times and availability for new library purchases may vary. Fulfillment notices are sent via email when a requested item is ready for circulation.
- The library prioritizes the purchase of digital material, including Course Reserves, whenever possible.
- To suggest a new journal, database subscription, or streaming film license, please contact us.
Borrowing from other institutions:
Current Teachers College members may request digital and physical material via interlibrary loan. Lending institutions include US research libraries, and occasionally US public libraries. There is no fee to use the interlibrary loan service, though fees and fines for lost or overdue items may apply.
- Interlibrary loan requests may be submitted here. Turnaround times for ILL may vary.
- Gottesman Libraries borrows physical material in a variety of formats, including journal articles.
- We utilize OCLC's Article Exchange for borrowing electronic material.
- Physical items acquired via interlibrary loan may be borrowed for as long as the lender allows.
- Physical material borrowed via interlibrary loan can be picked up at the first floor services desk during regular library hours.
- To request a renewal from a lending institution, please contact us before the due date.
Institutional lending requests:
Libraries may request circulating materials or articles owned by the Gottesman Libraries through interlibrary loan. Individuals who are not affiliated with Teachers College must submit requests through their local university, corporate, or community library.
We are members of OCLC (institution symbol VVT) and participate in Interlibrary Loan Fee Management (IFM). Our OCLC group affiliations include SHRS. We only accept requests placed through OCLC's WorldShare ILL.
- Gottesman Libraries participates in WorldShare ILL and lends nationally.
- Physical items may be borrowed for as long as the lending institution allows, and may be renewable. Please contact us to request a renewal.
- Gottesman Libraries does not lend media, closed stack or archival material, or produce digital scans.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about requesting new materials? Please contact us.